« Home | Crunchy Cons » | At Least He Didn't Smile » | "Where Can I Flee from Your Presence" » | Glen Pillips, a Guitar and a Tape Recorder » | I Could Use Some Help! » | Blessed Art Thou Among... Jedi??? » | Gleaning » | Fives » | An Idea for All of Us Table and Fire Junkies » | Bono a Prophet? » 

Sunday, April 16, 2006 

Jesus, John Calvin and Val Kilmer

John Calvin was adamantly opposed to any visual representations of Jesus. After seeing this I’m beginning to reconsider Calvin’s position.

I agree. No one has said for sure what Jesus really looked like. Although I believe I do recall some scripture describing that his imaged wasn't impressive or "beautiful" so that he would be seen as an ordinary man.(except of course to those who were anointed to see the truth.)

Bill - You're welcome on my ranch anytime, though perhaps I should include a disclaimer for my more pious readers (i.e. more pious than you or me)... something to the effect of "Any link provided by Bill should be presumed guilty until proven innocent."

Arlan - Thanks for posting on my blog. Any friend of Chris McGregor's is a friend of mine.

Just bad. Bad.

I just love the link to the "They Will Know Us By Our T-shirts" blog. What a terrific name. I'm gonna get around to reading that one for a little bit.

Work hard while the rest of us search bawdy shopping sites and peruse strangers' blogs!

Bill, posting as Anonymous cause I can't remember my password arrrgghh

"Guilty until presumed innocent" man if that isn't an achievement I can tell Mom about I don't know what is.

BTW - I had a meeting with Steve and Mike and someone had placed one of the Val Kilmer Jesus' dolls on Steve's desk - he didn't know where it came from . . . or that it talked.

I swooned . . .

Steve gave me the doll and it spoke the truth from my backpack all the way home.

Where I showed it to Lisa - who swooned . . .

It now sits on her desk at work (thanks to the fully articulated hips and knees) with His right hand raised "Elvis claw like" as He greets all who enters - they are blessed.

Then - if she has a client who isn't giving their all during a session, she says "don't make me go get Jesus on you - you are not the boss of Jesus, He is the boss of you!"

That always seems to help.

Post a Comment