« Home | Bono a Prophet? » | The Melancholy Dane » | Three Year Old Eschatology » | We Are the World » | Just Like Jesus Did? » | How Emergent Are You? » | On the Virtue of Keeping a Notebook » | Soul Searching » | The Truth We See » 

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 

An Idea for All of Us Table and Fire Junkies

Some of us who are (at least loosely) associated with Irving Bible Church are suffering through the long days of agonizing waiting, while we anticipate the return of our beloved Table & Fire Forum (perhaps a healthy advent exercise). I came across a blog entry that I thought could give us some fun things to talk about while we wait.

One of my favorite blogs that I’ve come across recently is called Willzhead from a guy named Will Samson. Will has an uncommon ability to be funny, cranky, and profound, often all in the same post. One of his recent entries was called “Fives List,” which included the following categories:

Five Things to Do Before I Die

Five Things I Cannot Do

Five People I Would Most Like to Hang Out With For a Day

Five Most Influential (Non-Scriptural) Books on My Thinking

Five Things That Continue to Attract Me About My Wife (or Husband)

Five Movies That I Would Watch Over and Over Again.

I’m working on my list and will try to post it in the next couple of days. In the meantime, check out Will’s list and start thinking about your own. You can post your list here or on your own blog if you have one.

Ooops. I left out one of my favorites for those of us who have or anticipate having kids: Five Wishes For My Children

Post a Comment